Oregon Coast Aquarium is ranked among the top ten best aquariums in North America by Coastal living magazine. The aquarium was opened in 1992, since then the aquarium has been visited by tourists from all over America. The world-class aquarium is situated on Yaquina Bay in Newport, the aquarium is not just a tourist attraction, it is a learning center that invites thousands of students each year. The aquarium has received many accolades and awards, including award for 'best tourist attraction". Families can have a great recreation at the Oregon coast, and can explore thousands of native marine animals.
Things to Do
- Start the wonderful tour of the beautiful Oregon coast, immerse yourself in the beauty of the coast, there are several exhibits at the coast that feature flora and fauna of the Oregon coast. The exhibits start from sandy shores and rocky shores, and coastal waters.
- Enjoy sea lion, sea otter and seal exhibits, you can spot all these marine animals in their natural habitat along the coast. The giant pacific octopus exhibit features the most mythical creature of the sea, the giant pacific octopus.
- The coastal water exhibit features a moon jelly display and sea nettles.
- The sea bird aviaries let you explore thousands of sea bird species.
- The largest exhibit is the "passages of the deep", where visitors can walk through acrylic tubes surrounded by deep water marine animals, such as sharks, rays and rock fish.
- The sea and me is an interactive exhibit designed for kids in ages 4-10, children can explore marine habitat and animals with a variety of playful activities, it features a kid-sized submarine sea lab, a fishing boat, and a theater for children, and animals including sea star, angel fish, blue tang, hawk fish, crab, sea horse, and many more.
- Watch sea otters being fed everyday in the sea otter exhibit, and sea lion and seals in the sea lion exhibit.
- Families can have a snack at the Ferry slip cafe and ferry slip cafe coffee bar.
Oregon Coast Aquarium Insider Tips
- Visit the official website to view animal encounters schedule.
- Strollers and electric scooters can be rented.
- Parking is free on site.
- Outside food is not allowed.