Visit OMSI and make learning a fun experience for your kids. OMSI is a science and technology museum filled with interactive displays. The museum has five exhibit halls, eight science labs, a planetarium, a theater, and a USS submarine docked by the river.
Things to Do
- Go to the Kendall Planetarium and get a glimpse of outer space. There are several shows daily that tackles astronomy and space science that's suitable for all ages. Check the schedule for Laser Light shows too.
- Visit the OMSI exhibit halls and see the permanent and ongoing displays. Some examples of the ongoing exhibits are Earth Hall, where the family will learn about geology and climate, and up in the third floor is the Life Hall, which focuses on human growth and development. All exhibit halls have interactive areas that kids will have fun exploring. There's a Science playground for them too!
- Sign up for a guided tour of the USS Blueback SS-581 submarine. Aside from learning how a submarine works, you will know how it feels like to be inside a submarine. Guests will be taken to a tour of the submarine. You will have the chance to sit in the bunk in the crew's quarters and touch a torpedo.
- Watch science and nature flicks at the Empirical Theater. A different movie is shown everyday. Visit the website for the screening schedule.
- There are two cafes inside the museum so if ever the kids go hungry after exploring, your family can grab quick bites.
OMSI Insider Tips
- Museum admission, submarine tour, planetarium, and theater tickets are priced separately. Check OMSI's website to avail of combo tickets.