If you have any scratched up or unwanted CDs around your home, your kids transform them into an Owl Garden Dangler with this unique craft. This hoot of an art project is easy to assemble. Its sparkly movement as it sways in the breeze and glistens in the sun is sure to keep the deer out of your garden and the squirrels away from your feeders.
- Old Cd
- Glass pens
- Sharpie Markers
- Felt or plastic bags
- 2 large and 2 smaller plastic bottle caps
- Tacky Glue
How To Make It
- Use your glass pens to color the cd in wavy color blocks.
- Glue the two larger bottle caps facing up to the top area of the CD as shown in the photo. These will be your owl's eyes.
- Glue the smaller bottle caps in the same manner inside the large ones for a more three dimensional effect.
- Tie your string between the two eyes and through the center of the cd.
- Cut a triangle out of felt or plastic bag and glue in the center just below the center of the eyes and over the top of the string.
- Cut two teardrop shapes out of felt or plastic bag and glue to the sides of the CD for wings.
- Use your marker to draw pupils on the inside of the bottle cap.
- Hang outside on a garden or by a birdfeeder to keep the animals away or use as a decoration.