Do you have some puzzles that are missing pieces and are risk of being tossed? Upcycle those cardboard puzzle pieces and create beautiful artwork. Create a gorgeous Puzzle Tree for all seasons. Artists of all ages will enjoy the painting adventure that unfold while you turn trash into treasure.
Paint the puzzle pieces in vibrant or monochromatic tones to make each tree your very own and to match whatever season that you are trying to portray. Use classic brush techniques or try your hand at sponge painting to create a unique look.
- Small puzzle pieces
- Card stock paper or canvas
- Sponges if desired
- Glue Gun
How to Make It
- Decide what kind of season that your tree art will reside in. This will determine how you will paint your puzzle piece leaves.
- Use a paint brush or sponge painting to to paint the backsides of your puzzle piece leaves. Paint them in vibrant colors, all green, all green with some colorful like fruit, or sponge different fall shades for fall leaves.
- Draw or paint a tree trunk and some branches and any other scenery that you would like on your canvas or paper.
- Allow puzzle pieces and painted trunk to dry.
- Use a glue gun to fill your artful tree with puzzle piece leaves.