When boredom sets in on a rainy day, grab some painter's tape or masking tape and have your kids become their own architects. Kids of all ages will have fun creating a paper doll playhouse on a blank wall or even on the carpet. This activity will keep kids actively creating and then give them a playhouse to pretend play with paper dolls. This activity is good for hours of entertainment and easy clean up.
- Painter's Tape or masking tape
- Paper, scissors and drawing utensils for paper doll making.
- A blank wall or clear carpeted area.
How to Make It
- Create paper doll characters out of paper and cut them out and decorate them if you like. Set aside.
- Take a roll of painter's tape or masking tape and start by making the outer dimensions of the doll playhouse that you would like to make. You will do this on a large carpeted surface or a blank wall.
- Tape away to your heart's content and make the roof, backyard items, driveway, garage.
- Then, use strips of tape to design the interior of the house, room by room with stairs. The possibilities are endless.
- Place a folded over piece of tape on the back side of your paper dolls if using a wall as your artscape and place them in the house. You don't have to do this with a carpeted surface.
- Have fun utilizing your imagination and pretend play throughout the house with your paper dolls.