Palace Playland is an amusement park located in Old Orchard Beach, Maine, which is just 20 miles south of Portland. Since the early 1900s, this popular family attraction has opened on the beachfront each summer to provide over 25 exciting rides and attractions, as well as an arcade with over 200 games. During the peak season it also features a captivating fireworks display each Thursday night, making it a great place to visit during the day and early in the evening.
Things to Do
- Explore the Grand Orient Fun House, which is filled with challenging elements like uneven floors and psychedelic rooms.
- Cool off in the summer heat by going for a ride on Cascade Falls, a thrilling water flume ride!
- Enjoy the spectacular views from atop the Electra Wheel, a giant gondola Ferris wheel.
- Take your little one to enjoy the Dumbo ride, which will have them flying through the air on an elephant or a dragon.
Palace Playland Insider Tips
- Save money by purchasing a day pass, which includes unlimited use of all of the rides in the park, instead of buying single tickets to use on rides.
- Don't miss thrill rides like the Galaxi Coaster and the Matterhorn!
- When you need a break from the rides, check out the arcade, which has dozens of exciting games like Skeeball.