Palmetto Carriage Historic tours have been leading horse drawn carriage tours around Charleston's historical highlights since 1972 making it the oldest tour carriage tour company in the area. Their tours take guests around the most important mansions, streets, parks and landmarks in Charleston, all accompanied by an expert commentator who do their best to make the tour informative and entertaining.
Things to Do
- Many of the "Holy City's" principal sites are covered by the carriage tour. Each tour lasts one hour and given the size of Charleston they often change their route meaning that they hit different sites each time. However visitors are likely to see highlights of the city mixed in with some lesser known local areas that tourists don't usually get to see.
- Landmarks that you may witness during you tour are buildings like the Aiken-Rhett House, the Old Exchange Building and the Grace Episcopal Church.
- The Palmetto Tour starts and ends at their Big Red Barn. This is where they keep their mules and horses. Palmetto pride themselves on taking excellent care of their animals and make sure they have regular vet and dentist check-ups. At the Big Red Barn you can see the mules and horses along with a family of goats and some chickens.
Palmetto Carriage Insider Tips
- Palmetto Carriage Works have a few discounts available. With a coupon available on their website you can get $2 off of adult tickets. You can also combine two of their carriage tours such as the Charleston Harbor Tour and the Historic Walking Tour to save on both.
- If you buy your tickets online through Zerve.com you will receive 4 hours free parking in Palmetto's lot on the day of your tour.