Create a paper bag jellyfish that can also be used as a jellyfish puppet. This craft appeals to all age groups and would be great anytime of year or to follow a trip to an aquarium or after and ocean movie or beach trip. This friendly jellyfish has a fun and free flowing texture just like the real thing except that this fun loving crafty creature does not stink.
- Paper Sandwich bag
- Colored Tissue paper
- Googly eyes
- Double sided tape ( optional)
How to Make It
- Paint the front of a paper lunch bag. Painting the bag is optional but please allow proper drying time before starting the back.Mix colors and have fun.
- Allow the paint to dry.
- Glue or use double sides tape to tape a sheet or two of colored tissue paper inside of the paper bag.
- Glue googly eyes on the face of the jellyfish.
- Trim excess tissue paper if you'd like from the bottom if it is hanging out from the bottom of the bag.
- Use your scissors to cut long fringe all the way up to the fold in the bag. Cut the strips about 1 inch in width and cut both the tissue paper and the bag at one time. Work all the way around the bag.
- Lightly ruffle and scrunch the fringelike pieces.