It is fun and easy to get crafty with paper because there are so many things that you can create with simple folds and paper placement. One of our favorite paper crafts is making all kinds of paper flowers. In this craft, little artists can make beautiful Paper Rosebud flowers in a few short steps. You can use your flowers as gifts, for bookmarks, or to place in a decorative vase. These also make cute homemade Valentines.
- Scrapbook Paper
- Pipe cleaner
- Glue Gun
- Traceable heart shape ie: a cookie cutter
How to Make Them
- Trace a cookie cutter 4 times to make 4 equal hearts or other heart shaped item that is approximately 4 inches tall.
- Cut the hearts out.
- Take one of the paper hearts and turn it upside down. Lay it on the table and glue the pipe cleaner to the center of this upside down heart. The heart should be pattern side down.
- Take a second heart and line it up with the first and glue it down on top of the pipe cleaner and paper.
- Curl the tips of the heart with your fingertips.
- Fold the two other hearts in half right down the middle. Then make a fold back on the rounded side of the folded hearts.
- Next, fold down the tips of the two folded hearts.
- Slip the back sides of the folded hearts in between the two glued together hearts, layering the front part over the top, lined up with the shape of the first glued hearts. Use glue to hold them in place.
- Tie a decorative ribbon in a bow at the base of the flower.