There is something simply intriguing about binoculars for kids. It is like viewing life through different eyes when you use them. Create your own toy binoculars with a few items that you are likely to have on hand at home and help your child transform his or her world into a world of adventure and exploration. After you are finished with this craft, set the kids out on a backyard safari for added fun.
- two cardboard paper tubes ( 2 toilet paper tubes or 1 paper towel tube cut in half)
- Hole punch
- yarn, ribbon or twine
- items for decorating ( examples include crayons and markers, glue glitter, foam shapes, stickers etc)
How to Make Them
- Use scotch tape to tape the two cardboard tubes together.
- Take your hole punch to punch a one hole in each tube towards the back of the outer edge of the paper tubes.
- Cut your ribbon or twine about 24 inches in length and tie each end through each of their respective holes. Tie in a not to secure. This will form your neck strap.
- Decorate the paper tubes in any way you desire.