Turn your trash into treasure by reusing all of those cardboard paper tubes from paper towels and toilet paper rolls. Artists of all ages will enjoy creating beautiful flower paintings using the cardboard tubing that we so often toss aside. Use your creative spark to design different petal shapes for your flowers and have fun as you produce a unique work of art. Create a picture on paper or make note cards to give to teachers or mail to friends.
- Paper Towel or toilet paper tubes
- Paper Plate
How to Make Them
- With your scissors, cut slices out of the paper tube into 1 or 2 inch segments.
- Gently bend the cardboard tubing so that it forms the shape of what will be 2 flower petals, one large oval petal or even a crinkled petal or even a heart shaped petal. It is fun to make several different ones for stamping.
- Squirt some paint onto your paper plate which will be used as your painting palette.
- Gently dip the cardboard edges into the paint and place on your paper and lift.
- Create your flowers using this creative stamping technique. Add stems and centers with your paintbrush.