Create these fun and engaging Paperclipcopters with only two materials that you are likely to have on hand at home. These easy to make paper helicopters are certain to amuse and entertain boys and girls of all ages. So, when you are looking for a quick and easy way to quell boredom, try out this cool paper craft. Be sure to refer to the photos for guidance.
- paper clip
How to Make It
- Cut out a piece of paper that is rectangular in shape and approximately 4 cm x 16 cm.
- Fold the rectangle in half and then unfold it.
- Use your scissors to cut the crease in the paper about halfway down.
- Next, turn your paper horizontally and slightly below your cut, cut up in the opposite direction, 1/3 of the way through the paper in the center of the top and the bottom. Be sure to not intersect the cuts.
- Fold the solid uncut side up from the cut so that each edge meets. You will make two folds. See photo above.
- Then fold those two folded sides together.
- Next, fold the two flaps of paper from the cut you made in step three in opposite directions on either side, forward and backward.
- Slide a paperclip at the very bottom of the helicopter over the folded side.
- Drop the copter from anywhere and watch it whirl.