Patterson Park is like one big backyard in the city of Baltimore. Many athletic fields, a pond for fishing and later in the year for skating, a public swimming pool, community garden, community events and concerts bring the Baltimore community together.
Patterson Park offers people a place to be active, involved and enjoy open space. The park features a gorgeous marble fountain and an quirky pagoda observatory with a third floor balcony that offers unique views of Baltimore. This public park has smooth pathways that are very suitable for jogging, walking or biking and a venue for just about every athletic activity that you can think of.
Things to Do
- Climb to the top of this Victorian Style Pagoda Observatory that is three stories high and overlooks Baltimore.
- Several Multi-sport fields available for play
- Run, Walk, Jog, or Bike on the three miles of pathways through the park
- Basketball and Tennis Courts
- From June through August you can enjoy the Public Swimming Pool
- Hockey and ice skating from October through March
- Wildlife Viewing
- Take your dog to enjoy companionship and exercise at the newly opened Dog Park
- Enjoy the various events that the park and pagoda have to offer including summer concert series, wine tasting etc.
- Feed the ducks at the pond
- Have a relaxing picnic
Patterson Park and Pagoda Insider Tips
- The Patterson Park Pagoda is open to the public on Sundays for viewing.
- Check the upcoming events on the website for family centered events and more.
- There are not a lot of heavily wooded areas in the park. It is mainly open space.
- The fields are public there for anyone to use.
- This is not a traditional tourist spot but more of a public park.