Looking for a fun and out of the box activity idea with the kids? Visit the Peabody hotel in Memphis, TN and observe the unique duck march that is held everyday at 11 AM and 5 PM. The ducks march in and out of the marble fountain in the hotel lobby, a sight worth seeing that children simply love. The original ducks were trained by a circus animal trainer back in 1940, live decoys were placed in the hotel's fountain in 1930's by General Manager of the Peabody hotel, Frank Schutt. The Peabody ducks march is a popular activity, when the ducks are not marching they live in the Royal duck palace at the hotel's rooftop. The Peabody ducks march is a free activity and is open year-round to the visitors.
Things to Do
- Children love looking at the Ducks march on the red carpet of the hotel lobby, the Peabody ducks are five North American mallards. The ducks are ushered by the duck master.
- The Peabody ducks do not have names, but one of them is a male and the other four are females.
- The Peabody's lobby fountain is made of travertine marble that was made in Italy. The ducks live and nest in the hotel's Royal duck palace at the rooftop.
- The Peabody ducks have been a must-see for many celebrities including, Justin Timberlake, Micheal Jordan and have appeared on the Oprah Winfrey show.
- Visitors can also the see the duck palace at the rooftop. The gift shop sells interesting souvenirs.
Peabody ducks at Peabody Hotel Insider Tips
- Try arriving before the scheduled time.