Do you want to enjoy scenic country-side on a joyful ride in electric trolleys? Trolleys and trams were an inexpensive mode of transportation back in the early 19th century, when streetcars were not abundant. Get the opportunity to travel back in time at the Pennsylvania trolley museum, a fascinating ride that takes you back into the time and gives a look back into the local history of transportation.
Visitors will also get to see some amazing historic trolley cars being restored back in their original condition by master craftsmen, many of these cars have been used in the movies.
Things to Do
- Children can explore and play upon freestanding trolleys in the venue.
- Visit the trolley warehouse at the back of the building, this is a unique experience of learning about electric trolleys from different time periods, with an intriguing lesson and a story. A tour guide will help you in getting to learn more about the history of these trolleys.
- Families can hop upon real trolleys and take a marvelous ride around the country side. The Trolley museum on your way displays trolleys from the 1800's, there are trolleys that were pulled by horses at that time.
- A visitor's orientation video in the beginning will help explain trolley transportation era in Pennsylvania.
- Children can play interactive games in the restoration shop tour.
- A cute little gift shop sells exquisite merchandise.
- Snacks are usually available on the trolleys, or you can visit the food pavilion.
- Many special events, such as Fall spectacular, Pumpkin patch trolley, and Halloween costume day is arranged at the venue. These events display special trolleys that are not normally operated.
Pennsylvania trolley museum Insider Tips
- Trolleys and food pavilion can be booked for private parties.
- Pets are not allowed.
- You can buy tickets online for most of the special events.