Create a fun indoor penny tossing game out of cardboard tubes from the recycle bin. In this game, the cardboard tubes are attached to a sturdy base and players toss pennies and try to get their pennies into the tubes. Each tube is designated with a certain point value which adds to the challenge. Be sure to create a high point value tube that will add to the excitement. This game also is great practice for adding when the point values are tallied with each successful toss.
- Several toilet paper and paper towel cardboard tubes
- Duck Tape
- Markers or paint
- A heavy duty piece of cardboard
How to Make and Play
- Gather several cardboard tubes and cut some and leave others the original size so that your have a variety of length tubes.
- Draw or paint a number for each tube which will represent point values.
- Use your scissors to make three evenly distributed slits in one end of each tube.
- Bend up each section of cardboard between the slits.
- Face the number side of the tubes facing all in the same direction and arrange each tube one by one on the sturdy cardboard and tape the flaps down to the cardboard with Duck Tape.
- Set up a tossing line several feet back and take turns tossing pennies at the cardboard tube toss game that you have created.
- Keep track of point values and whoever gets the most points at the end, wins the game.