One of my favorite candy recipes is Peppermint Bark. It's so easy, yummy and fun to make.
I love making a bunch of candy for teacher gifts during the holidays. All you have to do is buy some pretty tins to put your peppermint bark in finish it off with a decorative bow - the perfect gift!
- 4 (3.5-oz) bars of milk chocolate
- 1 (12-oz.) package of white chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies (we like crushing candy canes in a plastic bag and crushing it gently with a mallet)
- Microwave the milk chocolate. I like to heat in intervals as to not burn the chocolate. Stir until smooth. Spread the chocolate over waxed-paper-lined baking sheet. Chill in the refrigerator until firm.
- Melt the white chocolate morsels using the same directions as the milk chocolate. Spread this evenly over the milk chocolate.
- Sprinkle the crushed peppermint candies on top. Chill until firm.
- Fun Part! Break into small pieces. Store in an airtight between wax paper in a refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Perfect for gift giving!