Create awesome bracelets out of Perler Beads. We use Perler beads all of the time. It is a great quiet time activity and we have accumulate a lot of adorable and creative beaded masterpieces over the years. This time, we were on a quest for creating an artsy perler bead project that had more of a purpose. These bracelets were just the thing! We can't wait to make more! Adult supervision is required for the use of an iron to fuse the beads.
- Perler Beads
- Perler bead plates
- Parchment Paper
- Stretchy Jewelry cording
How to Make Them
- Use the widest perler bead plate that you have. We used a star and the diagonally held square.
- Create a design approximately 4-5 rows wide across the plate.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on to of the perler bead design and iron over the paper for about 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- This ironing process will fuse the beads together.
- While the fused beads are still hot, take a scissors or other pointed object and widen the one hole on each end so that you can tie a piece of jewelry cording through it.
- Then quickly mold the bracelet to the side of a drinking glass and hold it until it is cooled.
- Lastly, measure the bracelet and cording and tie each end of the bracelet with cording to form