If you're planning a trip to Austin, Peter Pan Mini Golf is something you can't miss. Along with the bats beneath the Congress Ave Bridge, it is one of the most popular traditions in the city. Peter Pan recently got a face-lift, and the renovations to the landscaping and the course are just in time for the summer season. But the courses are open all year round, so you can enjoy 18-holes of characterized, miniature golf within their two-course facility at any time. It's even open late, giving you the chance to enjoy some old-fashioned twilight golf with your favorite people.
Things to Do
- East Course: This course is sometimes said to be the easier of the two, but the first hole requires some tricky putting - good luck! And be sure to take a picture with the colorful turtle after you putt around him.
- West Course: This one opens with Peter Pan himself, followed by a tricky loop-the-loop and the huge T-Rex; If you fancy yourself a true putt-putt champion, try your hand at the Piggy Bank - one straight shot into the pig will give you a hole-in-one!
- Birthday Parties: With a reserved picnic area and a birthday wish on their marquee on busy Lamar Blvd, Peter Pan is the perfect party spot; Guests can enjoy a few rounds of putt-putt and then cut the cake; Picnic reservations are in 90-minute increments only
Peter Pan Insider Tips
- If you plan on playing putt-putt during the summer, expect long lines and limited parking; There is paid parking directly across the street for a max of 3 hours, but if you're looking to avoid the crowds play the course early in the morning or in the late evening/twilight hours.
- Peter Pan Mini Golf is BYOB for adults and children, but please - cans and plastic only. Glass bottles are not allowed on the premises.