The Pettit National Ice Center is an indoor ice skating facility in Milwaukee that contains two international-size ice rinks and a speed skating oval. It is an important training center for U.S. speed skaters, who often use the speed skating oval to train for the Winter Olympics. In addition, it is a popular recreation facility where locals can go ice skating and running, play ice hockey and curling, and do other fitness activities.
Things to Do
- Go ice skating! Public skating times are generally offered several days each week, and allow the whole family to have fun together.
- Get some exercise on the indoor run/walk track, which you can use for just $4.
- Learn to play hockey! They offer hockey classes and leagues for skaters of all ages.
- If you've always wanted to learn how to speed skate, consider taking an introductory speed skating class!
Pettit National Ice Center Insider Tips
- Consider renting out the curling area to enjoy this fun team sport for a family reunion or other large event.
- Improve your ice skating skills by taking classes through their figure skating program!
- If your child loves ice skating, consider having their next birthday party at the Pettit National Ice Center. Party packages include food and drinks, skating admission and skate rental, and the use of a special party area.