Memphis' Pink Palace Museum is home to a diverse range of exhibits which explore various aspects of Memphis' rich history. The region's natural history is investigated along with the social and cultural history of its people from the time of the first settlers in the region up to the present day. A planetarium and an IMAX Theater round out the considerable amount that is on offer from a visit here.
Things to Do
- When you make your visit try to catch a show at the Museum's 3D Giant Theater. Shows here offer a genuinely immersive experience which transport guests whether the focus is on human history and culture, the beauty of the natural world or the majesty and mystery of our universe.
- The Theater's Blast from the Past series is a lot of fun too as they screen old classics on the magnificent screen.
- The Museum's old planetarium is currently undergoing extensive renovations to upgrade it to a fully digital display. These renovations should bring the entire experience impressively up to date and will be done in Spring of 2015.
- Until then you can catch their Wonders of the Universe show in the Museum's Mansion Theater.
Pink Palace Museum Insider Tips
- The Pink Palace Museum is just the centerpiece of a collection of museums organised under the Pink Palace banner. Other public museums run by the group include the Coon Creek Science Center in Adamsville, Tennesse, the Lichterman Nature Center and both the Mallory-Neely House and the Magevney House.
- Take a look at the Museum's interactive map to get a good sense of what is on offer at the Museum