The Pirates Cove Family Fun Aquatic Center is a great summer day out for you and all the family in the Denver area. This is a family-friendly attraction that is not designed for thrill-seeking adults. However, it is priced more reasonably than some of the other waterparks in the area and is fantastic for families with really young children.
Things to Do
- Relax and just float around in the lazy river. When the weather is nice, there's nothing more relaxing that just letting the flow of the water take you around.
- Rent a cabana for you and your family. The cabanas at Pirates Cove can accommodate up to 8 people and are ideal for larger groups.
- Go down the water slides. Slides are arguably the best part of any water park and there are some great ones for kids at Pirates Cove. Adults and older children may find the slides to be a little timid but the youngest of your group will certainly love them.
- Let the kids play in the aquatic play area. The kids can climb and play to their heart's content while either avoiding the jets of water or just letting themselves get absolutely soaked.
Pirates Cove Insider Tips
- Bring your own soap to rinse off at the end of the day. There isn't any provided by the park.
- Get there early to beat the crowds and make the most of the shorter lines for the slides. Weekdays are also quieter than weekends.
- Save some money by bringing your own food and drink to the park. There is also a snack bar if you forget.
- Be sure to check the weather forecast before you go. If the weather is too cold or there are severe weather warnings, the park will close and in some cases there will be no refunds if you purchased your tickets in advance.