Create and mold your very own Plaster of Paris Pet and individualize your pet with endless craft supplies to make it unique. Create a traditional or fictitious pet by concocting a plaster of paris mixture and pouring it into a latex balloon and molding it into any shape that you'd like. Experiment with small balloons and larger ones too.
- Plaster of Paris
- Food coloring
- a wide mouthed funnel
- Tempura Paint
- Tacky glue
- Craft decorations such as pom poms, glitter, googly eyes, feathers, and fabric.
How to Make Them
- Blow up your balloons to full size and then deflate the balloons.
- Attach the balloon to a wide mouthed funnel.
- Mix The plaster of Paris, water, and food coloring until it is uniform and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the stretched out balloon.
- Detach the balloon from the funnel and tie up the end of the balloon.
- Use your hands and fingers to manipulate the balloon into a traditional or nontraditional animal shape.
- Hold the balloon in place until it becomes somewhat firm and then allow to set for 1 hour or more.
- Use your scissors to cut off the tied end of the balloon and peel away the latex from the hardened plaster.
- Use paint, glue and crafty decorations that you have on hand to decorate your Plaster of Paris Pet.