Save your plastic bottle caps and keep them in your craft closet for art projects and crafts. In this project, you can create adorable little birds that will be the highlight of your drawing or painting and even look great standing alone.
Create one or a whole flock of birds on a piece of card stock and decorate the background behind them to create a beautiful artistic bird scene. In this art project, you will be creating the profile of a bird, so only one eye and feather are necessary for each bird.
- Plastic Bottle caps ( large and small)
- Tacky Glue or glue gun
- Orange felt or craft foam
- Craft Feathers
- Googly Eyes
- Card Stock paper
How to Make Them
- Glue one large and one small bottle cap on your card stock. The smaller one should be slightly above the larger one with sides touching as shown above This will form the body and head of your bird.
- Repeat step number one for as many birds that you would like to make or until your run out of bottle caps.
- Cut small orange triangles out of your orange craft foam or felt and glue them to the paper right next to the smaller bottle cap to form the birds' beaks.
- Glue one googly eye on each bird head ( the smaller of the two caps).
- Use an orange crayon to draw some legs on the birds. Make them so that they have three lines each for feet
- Cut your feather at the end, and glue this on the larger bottle cap for the wing