Try playing music with a blade of grass while playing outside or camping. This is a fun activity to try as a group, as it takes some trial and error to learn the skill. When you achieve the desired result, you will form a high pitched whistle. You will create quite the nature band with this new boredom buster
- A thin flat blade of grass
How to Do It
- Select a thin flat blade of grass. Very wide blades of grass that have a crease don't work as well. I
- Hold one end of the blade of grass between the tips of your thumbs.
- With your thumbs slightly bent, press the bases of both thumbs together, catching the other end of the grass between them.
- Straighten your thumbs out to pull the blade of grass nice and tight but without breaking the blade.
- Scrunch your your lips slightly.
- Put your lips right up against your thumbs and blow so that the air goes between your thumbs and over the blade of grass. It should make a high-pitched whistle sound.