Pittsburgh's Pleasant Hills is home to Pleasant Kingdom a fabulous wooden playground. Decked out with walkways, slides, mazes and more there is so much here to keep your children entertained. When it was built the residents dedicated it to their past, present and future children and as such there is always an inclusive and welcoming atmosphere to be found at the Kingdom!
Things to Do
- The Kingdom's playground is an intricate wooden course of walkways, climbing frames, slides and more. There is an abundance of space for kids to stretch out and explore. It is surrounded by grassy hills which make the perfect spot for parents to stand and watch to make sure their kids don't get hurt.
- There is a toddler area meant only for the little ones so they can play safely. Also there is a sprinkler area that is activated during the summer.
- If your kids feel like they need some sports after playing at the Kingdom then take them to the Basketball courts right beside it for a few games.
Pleasant Kingdom Insider Tips
- Pleasant Hills the borough that is home to the Pleasant Kingdom isn't huge but it does offer a lot of recreational activities. They maintain two more parks aside from the Pleasant Kingdom; Mowry Park and Rt.51 Playground. Between these three locations there are various sports on offer including football, soccer, roller hockey, baseball, softball and basketball. Aside from the playgrounds there are also shelters for picnics and some nice trails that are not too demanding to walk.
- A concession stand opens up at the park during afternoon and evening hours in the summer.