Polliwog Park is a beautiful park located in the South Bay area of Manhattan Beach, California. Spread across 18 acres, this park is one of the most beautiful parks in LA, the focal point of the park is the central pond that is home to many migratory birds, such as ducks and geese. This is a great park for family birthday parties, other private events and concerts. The park has an amphitheater, gazebos, play areas for kids, picnic area, swimming pool, and an exercise course. The park encloses the Manhattan Beach Botanical Garden that is open to public on a regular basis.
Things to Do
- Families can have many recreational activities in the park. There are play areas for kids of all ages, there is a large light house inspired play apparatus, a sand area, and separate play areas for toddlers.
- Three Gazebos are located in the park that can be reserved for private events, such as birthday parties, anniversaries and family get together.
- There are walkways and paths for walking and running. The picnic area can be used on spot and reserved for special occasions.
- A beautiful rose garden makes the park even more appealing, near the rose garden is a city's oldest and newly renovated beach cottage. The beach cottage houses city's historical museum.
- The beautiful pond in the middle is home to many birds and animals, such as raccoon and possum.
- A pool is open in the summer for recreational swimming and swimming classes.
- At the southwest corner of the park is Manhattan Beach Botanical garden that offers docent led tours for the visitors.
- Families can play disc golf in the disc golf course located in the park, disc golf is an exciting recreational sport.
Polliwog Park Insider Tips
- Restrooms are available.
- There is a dedicated space for dog owners.
- The park has drinking fountains.