Ride em' cowboy! Your little cowboy or cowgirl is sure to love having a hand in creating this ride on horse stick toy. This homemade ride on toy is certain to bring hours of pretend play day after day and is made out of recycled materials that you may already have at home.
- A pool noodle or foam pipe insulator
- 2 yards of ribbon or string
- Thick patterned child's tights
- Glue Gun
- Fabric scraps
- Bottoms or craft foam
How to Make It
- Cut the leg off of a pair of decorative tights and slip over your pool noodle.
- Bend a 1 foot section over to form the horse head and secure it by tying your ribbon or string around the center of that segment and the one it is folded against. When you make your tie, tie it in the center of your 2 yards of ribbon.
- Next tie the two ends of your ribbon or twine together to form the horse reigns.
- Tie strips of scrap fabric into knots and hot glue them to the backside of the horse's head to form the horse's mane.
- Cut two felt triangles approximately 4 inches long and use a glue gun to affix the ears to the top of the head and fluff the mane over the area where they attach.
- Sew layered buttons in place on the horse's face for eyes. Sew to the fabric tights.
- Lastly sew a decorative button nose on the lower front of the folded head segment.