If your family likes to spend time exploring local markets you'll love Portland, Oregon, which is home to not one but seven different farmers markets! Whether you're interested in buying fresh produce and meat, shopping for handmade crafts, or listening to live music, you're sure to have a blast at Portland's wonderful selection of markets.
Things to Do
- Take your child to the Market Play Zone at the Buckman Portland Farmers Market, which features music workshops, food-themed art projects, cooking activities, and games for children of all ages.
- Encourage your child to learn how to cook healthy foods by attending one of the weekly Kids Cook classes, which cost just $5 per child.
- Visit the flagship Portland Farmers Market at Portland State University, which features 140 stalls filled with local foods, arts, and crafts.
Portland Farmers Market Insider Tips
- Consider printing out one of the fun educational market scavenger hunts for children 6 to 11 or over the age of 12 in order to keep them entertained while you explore.
- Grab a delicious lunch from the Shemanski Park market each Wednesday between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. from May through November.
- Check out the market's events calendar to learn about live musical performances that are offered at the various markets throughout the year.