Stroll in an open-air arts and crafts market on a beautiful weekend morning. Portland Saturday Market is a venue for local artisans to showcase and sell their creations to buyers who are looking for original and handmade products. If you're thinking of finding unusual and quirky works of art, you'll surely spot one in this market with almost 400 participating artists. The market is located in the Old Town area and is open on Saturdays and Sundays too!
Things to Do
- Visit the stalls featuring handmade products such as jewelry, soap, candles, clothing, and other household items. Find paintings and other creations in the arts and crafts booths. Artists are personally selling their works so you can learn more about the products straight from them.
- Go on a food trip and sample various snacks from the food trucks. Get your serving of pizza, tacos, and even gyros and falafel. Desserts are on sale too. Check out the local brewers of cider and beer.
- Watch artists performances and listen to live music. Check the market's calendar for schedule of events.
- If you're looking for cute stuff for your pets, there are plenty of booths that sell those too. Think of cat bowties and pet costumes!
Portland Saturday Market Insider Tips
- Buy more and save more. Most sellers give discounts if you haggle.
- You can easily spend a few hours in exploring the market. The market gets crowded midday so it's better to come early in the morning or late in the afternoon to avoid the crowd.