Possibility playground is a special playground for special children, the playground was opened in 2008 at Port Washington, Wisconsin. The founder of the playground is Mardy McGarry, who was a special education teacher. The playground can be used by all the children, but has equipment and design that is suitable for the kids with disabilities. The playground was built with fundraisers and donations. The playground has a rubber surface that is easy to navigate and the play structure has a special children friendly design.
Things to Do
- Children with or without mobility issues can have a fun day at the playground, there are many structures to play with, it has a pirate ship, a light house, monkey bars, swings, slides, sandbox, and tunnels.
- This is a very special playground that considers the needs of special kids, unique playground structures like hanging pods, climbing net, therapeutic swing, special surf board and elephant rocker, and number game let children have fun and improves their sensory integration, speech and motor skills.
- The design of the playground conforms to the latest ADA guidelines. The playground is large and has a size of a football field. There is a separate area for toddlers to play.
- There is a covered picnic area for family picnics. Picnic pavilion can be reserved for a birthday party. Food is not sold inside the playground.
- The park overlooks Lake Michigan that gives wonderful views. Kids can play all day in a safe environment.
Possibility Playground Insider Tips
- Restrooms are available.
- Plenty of parking is available.