Kansas City Power & Light District is a shopping area composed of 9 blocks of shops, bars, and restaurants. It is said to be one of the largest development projects in the midwest. While reviews are all geared towards adult activities of bar hopping and partying, there are also plenty of things for kids to do.
Things to Do
- Choose from a wide variety of restaurants serving lunch and dinner. Go to the 801 Chophouse for wine and steaks, Johnny's Tavern for wings, burgers, and sports games, or to Balsano's Gelato Cafe for dessert.
- Bring the entire family for an afternoon of bowling at the Z-Strike Bowling Center or experience a different way of watching movies at the dine-in theaters of Alamo Drafthouse Mainstreet Cinema. Check their website for the screening schedules.
- Visit the Rooftop Park and be surrounded with lush greeneries and great views of downtown Kansas city. The park is next to The Jones Pool. The pool is open every summer.
- Watch live musical performances at the Arvest Bank Theater at The Midland. Visit their website to know more about upcoming events.
Power and Light District Insider Tips
- It's fun to watch sporting events at the P&L District when most restaurants and bars show the games on big screens.
- There are plenty of great dining options for lunch perfect for the family but it gets crowded and noisy at night.