Pratt Park is a nice five and a half acre green area that has a few fun things for children to do. There is a playground and a spray park along with a basketball court. It is a simple park that is nice to relax at and doesn't attract the massive crowds of some of the others.
Things to Do
- The park is best enjoyed by little ones thanks to the fun playground which is open all year and the spray park which comes on during the summer months. Kids always get a real kick out of running through the spray features! Also since this isn't a hugely popular park there is usually plenty of space for all the kids to enjoy.
- If you enjoy playing basketball then you should come down and play. Pratt Park is home to a well maintained court which sees plenty of pickup games when the weather is good.
- There are good cafés and restaurants around the park where you can grab some food and eat on the grass in the park.
Pratt Park Spray Park Insider Tips
- Pratt Park sometimes has a bad reputation for drug dealing. There can often be a large homeless population who frequent the surrounding area. There is no doubt that it is a kid friendly park and that serious incidents involving people just visiting the park are rare. However as in any park it is always a good idea to keep an eye on your kiddos.
- The Langston Hughes Performing Arts Center is right beside Pratt Park. If you feel in need of some culture then you should plan a visit.
- You can find both a drinking fountain and a public restroom in the park.