Create these precious penguin footprint painting with this fun and easy art project which uses a footprint as the body of this popular bird. If you use your imagination a bit you will see that the shape of your foot can take on the characteristics of lots of different things. Today, envision that your foot is like the body of a penguin.
This artistic masterpiece will be treasured, not simply for its cuteness but also for the keepsake that is created when you preserve that footprint in time on paper or canvas. Try getting all of the family feet involved in this painting project for a whole family of penguins!
- Black Paint
- White Paint
- Other vibrant colored paints
- Googly eyes
- Paper or canvas
How to Make Them
- Use a paintbrush to paint the bottom of your foot or feet with black paint.
- Turn your paper or canvas upside down and press your painted foot onto the surface and lift. Unless you are making several penguins, wash your foot when you are finished.
- Turn the paper or canvas around so that the toes of the footprint are facing downward. Picture the footprint as the body of your penguin as you allow the paint to dry.
- In the center of the footprint, use your white paint to paint a figure eight-like shape and fill it in white.
- Glue on googly eyes or paint on eyes.
- Thinking of the heal as the head, paint on colorful scarves, hats, beaks, earmuffs, etc.
- Add a rounded black line that angles along the body line on each side of the body and attaching at the top of the belly for the wings.