Prescott Park is a beautiful public park located along the Piscataqua River in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. This popular park is best known for its gorgeous flower gardens and as the site of the Prescott Park Arts Festival, an annual event which features live musical performances and theater productions. If you're looking for a quiet park where you can spend an hour or two enjoying a lovely day with your family, it's a great place to visit.
Things to Do
- Explore the park's extensive flower gardens, which feature hundreds of varieties of beautiful flowers, plants, and tree-lined walkways.
- In the summertime, view the wide range of artwork on display throughout the park.
- Attend the Prescott Park Arts Festival! For over 40 years, this popular New England festival has presented music, theater, and dance performances as well as artwork to the public.
Prescott Park Insider Tips
- Check out this list of upcoming special events, including concerts for children, pirate-themed cruises on the Piscataqua River, and annual events like the Fairy House Tour and the Chowder Festival.
- Attend their Monday Night Movie Series, which allows your family to enjoy popular movies in the park under the stars.
- Bring along a some food and drinks and have a picnic in the park! The picnic areas available for public use also include grills if you want to barbecue.