Pullen Park is a 66-acre park located in Raleigh, North Carolina. Founded in 1887, it is the oldest public park in North Carolina as well as one of the city's most popular parks. Its features include amusement park rides, an aquatic center, an arts center, a cafe, a community center, picnic shelters, sports fields and courts, playgrounds, and an indoor theatre facility which showcases live productions year-round.
If you're looking for a place where the whole family can get some exercise, have fun, and enjoy Raleigh's beautiful weather then head to Pullen Park, its top outdoor attraction!
Things to Do
- Escape the summer heat with a visit to Pullen Aquatic Center! It has an Olympic-size swimming pool and a warm water therapy pool, and provides a variety of fun water exercise programs.
- Take your child to the amusement area, where you'll find a historic carousel, kiddie boats, a miniature train, and more!
- Rent a pedal boat and explore Lake Howell on a sunny day.
- Watch as your child swings, slides, and climbs around the park's various playgrounds. In the summertime, take them to the Sand & Water Play area to run through the mister and dig in the sand.
Pullen Park Insider Tips
- Save money during your park visit by bringing along your own picnic lunch or snacks instead of buying food from the Pullen Place Cafe.
- If you have a young child between the ages of 2 and 5, take them to the Preschool Play area! It's a special playground with slides, swings, see-saws, and play structures designed especially for the park's youngest visitors.
- Try to visit the park early in the day if you're visiting on a weekend - it's often difficult to find a parking spot later in the day.