Squash out the boredom by crafting these homemade Q-tip Bow and Arrows for hours of fun and excitement. These small but effective bow and arrows are sure to amuse adults and children alike. Set up targets and practice your hand eye coordination for accuracy if you like. As always, even though you are using cotton swabs which seem harmless, it is never a good idea to shoot at people and adult supervision is definitely required for the use of the sharp knife at the beginning of this project.
- Popsicle Sticks
- A Sharp Knife
- Dental Floss
- Several Q-Tips
- Markers (optional)
How to Make Them
- Have an adult cut four small notches in the popsicle stick as shown.
- Soak the popsicle stick completely in a bowl of water for an hour or two.
- Then, wrap the dental floss numerous times around the notches on one end and then gently bend the popsicle stick into an arch.
- Stretch the dental floss across to the other end and wrap the dental floss several times around the notched areas on the opposite end of the popsicle stick. Be sure to keep the string of floss taut as you wrap.
- Snip the tips off of one end of each of the cotton swabs.
- Place the snipped end of one cotton swap onto the dental floss and aim the tip at your target, pull back and let it fly. Ours sailed 15 to 20 feet.
- Once the Bow is completely dry, you can use markers to decorate or personalize