The R.M.S Queen Mary had a long history as one of the most luxurious and most iconic ocean liners in the entire world. Today it can be boarded by tourists at its docking in Long Beach, California. Come and sample the old world glamour of this majestic vessel through exhibits tours and of course the ship herself. There are dining and sleeping options too if you would like to extend your time aboard.
Things to Do
- The Glory Days Historical Tour is the tour you should book if you want to find out all about the Queen Mary's long and storied past from its construction as one of the finest ocean liners in the world, through its military service in World War II and through its real glory days as a playground for the rich and glamorous.
- More glamour can be sampled at the "Diana: Legacy of a Princess" exhibit which is home to an amazing collection of photos, heirlooms, clothes and other memorabilia belonging to the "People's Princess".
- Don't think that when the sun goes down the Museum has nothing more to offer. The Paranormal Ship Walk provides a spooky twist on the regular tour of the classic ship by bringing you to all the areas that are reputedly haunted.
- To really connect with the spirits aboard the Queen Mary enlist on a Paranormal Investigation that uses special equipment and techniques to encounter the ghosts who still call the Queen Mary home.
Queen Mary Insider Tips
- Depending on exactly where your interests lie you can purchase one of the Queen Mary's tour packages. They have tailored the ship's attractions to suit people's most varied needs. So you can buy the Historic First Class Passport to take in the Queen Mary's historic exhibitions or buy the Royal Passport to gain admission to their special Princess Diana exhibit. Alternatively you can combine your visit with another nearby attraction like the USS Iowa or the Aquarium of the Pacific.