Located in the heart of downtown Boston, Quincy Market is a favorite destination for both locals and tourists alike. For over 250 years, the marketplace has played an integral role in the life of Boston's residents.
Quincy Market combines the glories of the past and the vitality of the present with more than 50 shops, 14 restaurants, 40 food court stops and Boston's most popular comedy club.
Quincy Market & Faneuil Hall Marketplace are adjacent to historic Faneuil Hall and is bordered by the financial district, the waterfront, the North End, Government Center and Haymarket. It is a well-traveled part of Boston's 'Freedom Trail.'
Things to Do
- Quincy Market features an enormous food court with everything from chowder & lobster rolls to chinese food and pizza. It's a five-minute walk to the New England Aquarium, The Boston Children's Museum, The Old State House Museum, and Paul Revere's House via the beautiful Rose Kennedy Greenway or right along the waterfront.
- Just across the street is the beautiful Greenway Carousel with really unique animals to ride such as a red tailed hawk, a sea turtle and a lobster. All of the creatures were designed by children. During the summer, Rings Fountain is a great place for the kids to cool off. Water squirts from about 50 ground squirts creating refreshing entertainment for all.
- It's a fun place to stroll about - enjoy performances from buskers outside, grab lunch or a snack from over 50 Restaurants, dine on your choices in the 2 story circular food table area or of course, people watch!
- Find lots more ideas on fun things to do in Boston.
Quincy Market Insider Tips
- Buy discounted parking online before you arrive—saves time and guarantees a space in the garage. Scan printed ePermit to enter and exit the garage. ePermits cannot be combined with validation coupons or other parking discounts.
- 75 State Street Garage is the official parking for Faneuil Hall Marketplace. Garage entrance is located on 5 Broad Street. Open 24 Hours, 7 days a week.
- $3 OFF validation coupons are also available from participating Faneuil Hall Marketplace merchants. Enjoy $15 PARKING on weeknights after 5pm, and all day Saturday and Sunday with validation coupon.
You can also access Quincy Market from multiple T-lines which eliminates the hassle of parking completely.
- Blue Line to Aquarium/Faneuil Hall
- Green Line Haymarket, North Station or Park Street
- Orange Line to State Street or Haymarket
- Red Line to Park Street
- Commuter Rail to North Station or South Station