The Railroad Park is one of Birmingham's newest parks. The park was first opened towards the end of 2010 and stretches for four blocks to the south of the city's railroad lines. The park covers 19 acres of land and is a great destination for you and your little ones to enjoy on nice days and wonderful example of urban rejuvenation.
Things to Do
- Stretch your legs by going for a walk around the park. You can also take the Rail Trail which runs along the length of the park and be rewarded with some brilliant views of Birmingham.
- Let the kids play and run around to their hearts' contents in park's play areas.
- Relax and have a bite to eat in the Railroad Park's café. The café, known as George's Boxcar, offers a variety of different items for you to enjoy and can be found on the 17th Street Plaza.
- Enjoy a show or performance at the park's amphitheater.
Birmingham's Railroad Park Insider Tips
- Make sure you know what's going on at Railroad Park by regularly checking the park's calendar of events.
- If you don't feel like spending money on dining out, why not take along your own food and enjoy a picnic on any of the park's green spaces?
- If you don't like crowds, you should try to get to the park early, especially during days when the weather is beautiful.
- When the sun is out, make sure to bring sunscreen, wide-brimmed hats, and appropriate clothing to protect you and your little ones. While the park has a lot of open green spaces, the shade provided is quite limited.