Situated on Charlotte's Irwin Academic Center Ray's Splash Planet is home to a waterpark, a fitness center, party rooms and a children's playground. The water park is undoubtedly the biggest draw for the public providing a fun and safe play space for children and parents. If you live in the local area you may be interested in joining their fitness facility too which hosts various exercise programs.
Things to Do
- Ray's Splash Pool has slides and attractions that will be enjoyable for pre-teens. The Blue Comet is their biggest slide rising three story's up inside the facility. The Saturation Station offers a choice of slides along with interactive water games.
- Sun drops, squirters that surround the pool basin, and meteor showers, brightly colored buckets that release spill over and soak the people below, can be found throughout the facility. For the smallest ones Moon Beach is a gentle easy entry beach like pool that they can enjoy.
- It is possible to rent the party rooms at Ray's Splash Planet for corporate and private events. They offer three different packages for children's birthday parties. All the packages include two hours in the Water Park and one hour celebrating the big day in the party room for each child. Depending on which package you choose Ray's Splash Planet can provide a birthday cake, pizza, drinks, decorations and more
Ray's Splash Planet Insider Tips
- If you are an adult and plan to come along to supervise your child but do not intend on getting in the water yourself then you can buy a discounted Dry Ticket.
- If you are looking for swimming lessons for your child Ray's Splash World could be the place to organize them. In conjunction with the Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation Service they offer the Starfish Swimming Lessons Program which has separate groups for babies, toddlers and older children.
- There is a video tour of the facility available on youtube.