The Reading Terminal Market is a historic public market in Philadelphia located in a former railroad station. Since 1893, this local market has offered residents a wide range of products, from local produce and fresh meat to flowers, cookbooks, baked goods, and clothing. Whether you're looking for ingredients for a delicious homemade meal or interested in trying local delicacies from one of the market's popular restaurants, you're sure to have an enjoyable visit.
Things to Do
- Go on the popular Taste of Philadelphia market tour, where you'll learn all about the history of Philadelphia favorites like cheese steaks, pretzels, and hoagies.
- Explore the many aisles of merchants, who sell items that include cheese, seafood, crafts, plants, and fresh juice.
- Purchase some of the delicious goods produced by local Pennsylvania Dutch merchants, including homemade cookies and breads.
Reading Terminal Market Insider Tips
- Enjoy a meal at one of the many restaurants within the market! One of the most popular restaurants is DiNic's, which sells a famous roast pork and sandwich that was named the best sandwich in America by food show host Adam Richman.
- If you spend at least $10 at the market, you can park for just $4 at two nearby parking garages - you can find more details here.
- Check their calendar for more information on cooking classes, market tours, musical performances, and other family-friendly events.