If you have kids who are obsessed with Twilight, Harry Potter, Lemony Snicket or all of the above then a visit to St. Paul's Red Balloon Bookshop is a must. This independent Book Store specialises in children's literature for young kids up to young adults. They regularly have book clubs, meetings with authors and book readings which you are welcome to come along to.
Things to Do
- The Red Balloon Bookshop runs book clubs for a variety of ages. The Girls (and Moms) Read Book Club is for girls in grade 5-7 and as the name implies moms are invited too.
- The Guy's Book Club is for boys between 4th and 6th grade and it is recommended a male adult comes along whether it be the child's dad, brother, uncle, cousin or an older friend. There is also a teens Book Club for teens in grades 7 through 12.
- There are Story times held every week for the youngest kids too. Baby Story Time takes place on Tuesdays, Preschool Story Time happens on Wednesdays and Story Time for Toddlers takes place on Thursdays. All readings are at 10.30 am and last for half an hour.
- You can sign your kid up to the store's Birthday Club. As a member of the club they will receive a card and a store coupon in the post every year around the time of their big day.
Red Balloon Bookshop Insider Tips
- The Red Balloon offers far more titles to be bought online. An incredible 3 million titles are for sale through their website.