Be one with nature as you see breathtaking views of cliffs, waterfalls, and natural rock formations. The Red River Gorge is a canyon system found on the Red River in Kentucky. Kids can learn about the different ecological zone and observe the different flora and fauna flourishing in the Red River Gorge. The place is best known for beautiful geological formations such as bridges and arches.
Things to Do
- Take the family for a nature immersion weekend and go camping at the Red River Gorge. There are plenty of cabins, lodging, and campsites to choose from. Visit the Red River Gorge website to know more about the list of accommodations.
- Get a map of the sites and go on a day hike. The hike to the waterfalls in the Rock Bridge Trail is a 1.3-mile hike that's suitable for kids. Spend time at the waterfalls and enjoy watching the scenic views. There are cliffs in this area so keep an eye on the kids. You may also take the chair lift going to the Natural Bridge.
- The more adventurous individuals can also go hiking, ziplining, and rock climbing. Choose which trail you wish to take. For rock climbing, come early so you can choose your route. The campsite behind Miguel's Pizza is one of the most recommended place for seasoned rock climbers.
Red River Gorge Insider Tips
- Bring plenty of water and always keep hydrated.
- Don't forget to bring your camera.