Red Wolf Sanctuary is a fascinating nature preserve in Rising Sun, Indiana which is dedicated to preserving and educating the public about North American wildlife. During guided tours, visitors can view and learn about wolves, black bears, cougars, coyotes, red foxes, and other native North American animals. Its Raptor Center is also home to a variety of birds of prey, including bald eagles, vultures, hawks. If you're interested in learning more about these majestic creatures, make sure to schedule a tour of the Red Wolf Sanctuary.
Things to Do
- Visit the wolf habitat, which is home to numerous grey wolves and a red wolf hybrid.
- Check out the fascinating wild cat habitat, which is home to a beautiful cougar.
- Learn about black bears with a visit to their two-acre bear enclosure, which is home to four bears that were previously kept as pets.
- Stop by the Raptor Center, where you can see the injured raptors such as bald eagles that they care for.
- Enjoy the beautiful views of the sanctuary's wetland and prairie habitats, which are home to numerous birds, otters, and beavers.
Red Wolf Sanctuary Insider Tips
- Don't just show up at Red Wolf Sanctuary - you need to call ahead in order to schedule a tour.
- Ask questions - the people who work at the sanctuary are very knowledgeable about the animals and will be happy to share their insights with you.
- Consider making a donation to help support the animals and their future care.