Reimers Ranch Park is a beautiful Travis County park that is located approximately 30 miles west of Austin. The park is known for its wonderful hiking trails through various natural habitats, but is also especially popular with rock climbers, anglers, and mountain bikers. It's also a great place to take your family to explore nature and escape the hustle and bustle of city life.
Things to Do
- Go for a family nature hike - over 18 miles of trails traverse the park!
- Bring along your fishing gear and see if you can catch some white bass in the Pedernales River.
- Go rock climbing or bouldering - there is a large climbing area near the river that provides beautiful views. You can find more information on rock climbing at Reimers Ranch Park here.
- Cool off in the summertime by going for a refreshing swim in the Pedernales River.
Reimers Ranch Park Insider Tips
- Attend one of their monthly birding tours, which are held at 8:00 a.m. on the 2nd Saturday of each month between October and April. Park staff take visitors on a 2-3 mile walk and help to identify bird species.
- Learn about the history of the park by going on a guided tour with a park employee! At 10:00 a.m. each Saturday between October and April, they provide two hour backcountry hiking tours and teach visitors about the area's natural history.
- Bring along some food and have a picnic on the pebble beach or along the trails.