Reinstein Woods nature preserve is a 292-acre natural area with forests, ponds, and wetlands, it is located near the city of Buffalo in the town of Cheektowaga, New York. The nature preserve encloses a environmental education center that offers learning and exploration of the environment and nature for visitors of all ages. Families should visit the nature preserve, so that the growing kids can learn about the importance of forests, nature and wildlife. Guided tours of the nature preserve are offered, plus other activities such as, ski adventures and snowshoeing.
Things to Do
- Families can take guided tours of the nature preserve that are very informative. The "Green" environmental education center features a wildlife viewing area, exhibits and restrooms.
- There are many nature trails inside the nature preserve that are self-guided, open daily from sunrise to sunset.
- Nature preserve is a home to wildlife of the western New York, there are deer, beavers, water fowl, hawks, wood peckers and blue heron.
- Many special events are organized by the friends of Reinstein Woods nature preserve, many holiday parties and fall events are scheduled for the fall season.
- Volunteer led public tours to the nature preserve are free, and are open every Saturday.
- Many nature exploration programs, walks and tours are offered for kids of different age groups. The day camps offer many outdoor activities for the kids, including wildlife exploration, and making arts and crafts.
- Celebrate your child's birthday in the wonderful setting of the nature preserve, birthday parties include guided kid-friendly tour of the preserve, treasure hunt, exhibit area to play in, and a gift for the birthday kid.
- Picnic areas are available.
Reinstein Woods nature preserve Insider Tips
- Pets are not allowed.
- Trails are stroller accessible.