Resistol Arena is known as the home of the Mesquite Championship Rodeo. If you and your family are visiting Texas, you should add a rodeo night to the top of your Texan things to do. Regular rodeo season starts from late May through August.
Things to Do
- Get the family together on Fridays and Saturdays during the rodeo season. Watch cowboys in their bedazzling outfits as they compete in bull riding, saddle bronc, and bareback riding. Also watch the timed-events competition including tie-down roping, steer wrestling, team roping, and barrel racing. Check out the Mesquite ProRodeo calendar for the schedule of events.
- Aside from watching the professional rodeo, kids can also participate in the rodeo fun during intermission. Kids can sign up for Dash-for-Cash, where kids will run after a calf and the first kid to get the flag from the calf's tail wins. They can also join the Mutton Bustin' game where selected kids can be a cowboy and ride a sheep. The kid who can hold on to the sheep for the longest time wins.
- Get your barbecue and drinks from the concession stands. There's also a separate BBQ Pavilion which offers a buffet of barbecue brisket, smoked sausage, salad, and rolls. Food and drinks from the outside are not allowed in the arena.
- Visit the Wild Horse Boutique to purchase rodeo merchandises.
Resistol Arena Insider Tips
- If you get in early, you can go and see up close the livestock that will compete.