One of my favorite toys when I was growing up was a Rhythmic Ribbon Wand. We found an easy way of creating that magical childhood spark with this homemade Ribbon Rhythm Wand. Little ones will adore dancing around the yard while swirling their ribbon wand around. Focus the wand in smaller circular movements, large ones, snakelike ones and watch the ribbons dance before your eyes. This little toy is also great exercise and promotes gross and fine motor skill development.
- A straight stick from the backyard or a pencil
- Several ribbons 5-7 feet in length
How to Make It
- Find a nice straight stick outside and break off any stray branches. You may also use a decorative pencil. Sparkly works best! If using a branch, break the stick so it is about 12-15 inches long.
- Take each of your ribbons and them individually onto the same top portion of your stick.
- The ribbons will flow as you move the stick around.