The Richard M. Ross Art Museum, known locally as The Ross, is located on the campus of Ohio Wesleyan University in Delaware, Ohio. It showcases a variety of art exhibitions designed to enhance the university's fine arts curriculum as well as introduce the public to fascinating artwork by artists from all over the world. Its collection features prints, drawings, and photographs by American and European artists, as well as some paintings and ceramics. Best of all, it's free, so there's no need to worry about spending too much at this cultural attraction.
Things to Do
- Explore the permanent collection - highlights include fascinating ceramics by Pablo Picasso, prints by Grant Wood, and photographs by Ansel Adams.
- View the current exhibitions - they frequently change and cover a variety of themes. You can find out what to expect when you arrive at the museum by visiting the current exhibitions page of their website.
- Learn more about the art collections and exhibitions by reading the museum's official blog, which includes photographs and descriptions of pieces you can visit.
Richard M. Ross Art Museum Insider Tips
- Check out their Events page to learn about upcoming events such as gallery talks by visiting artists, musical performances, and receptions.
- Take advantage of the museum's extended opening hours from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. each Thursday night if you're too busy to visit during the daytime.
- Make sure to check their website before your visit - the museum closes during Ohio Wesleyan University's academic breaks, and occasionally on other days to install new exhibits.